$75/Person – 1.5hrs / Electrical Bike Tour – La Jolla Coast
Enjoy the experience of a lifetime by taking a La Jolla Coastal E-bike tour provided by the friendly, professional tour guides at We Love Tourists.
La Jolla, California, a northern suburb of San Diego, is an affluent community, with a rich culture and history all its own. Known for its world-class beaches, luxurious landscapes. During this 2-hour La Jolla E-bike tour, you’ll get the best mix of natural and man-made beauty. While you cruise through the steep and wondrous hills right by picturesque views of the Pacific Ocean, you’ll learn how this beautiful area has become one of San Diego’s most popular tourist destinations.
On your journey, you’ll take in magnificent views of beautiful architecture, the popular downtown shopping district of the Village, La Jolla’s influence on Dr. Seuss, and the historic and current beauty of La Jolla Shores. Additionally, you’ll learn interesting facts about California sea creatures, be up close and personal with seals and sea lions, and learn the history of the Children’s Pool as you roll right up to the edge of the ocean and experience it for yourself.
To partake in this La Jolla Coastal E-Bike tour, all riders must be comfortable riding and maneuvering a bicycle on and along busy streets at speeds of 20 miles an hour, give or take. If you don’t have any riding experience,, don’t worry! Our trained experts are here to give you some tips and teach you the basics to ensure your safety. Minimum Age 16. For more detailed information on our La Jolla Coastal E-Bike tour, feel free to contact us at 619-512-3491 or schedule your reservation below.
Our electric bikes feature chunky 26 x 4.9 inch tires that combine with the front fork suspension to create a soft ride allowing you float down the road. 17.5” one size fits most frame with 36V 12.8 Ah lithium-ion battery and 350W motor weighing in at a total of 55 lbs. All of our bikes have an LCD screen for five speed electronic pedal assist allowing you to pedal as hard or as easy as you like!
Our Segway i2 will have you gliding around San Diego and La Jolla feeling like a kid! Our tours have all different terrain from hills to flat wide walkways. Routes have be created to avoid crowds while still taking you to all the places you want to see in San Diego.
- How early should I call for a reservation?
- Call as quickly as you can 619-512-3491! Holiday weekends book the earliest in advance. We typically have good availability for weekday tours. Call us as soon as you know your ideal tour dates so that we can work with you to get you booked!
- What are the age/weight limits?
- For Segway Tours 14 years old, but more importantly Segways need riders between 95-280 pounds to succesfully register them on the footpads. No upper age-limit, but you want to be sure you’re comfortable standing for 2 hours.
- For Ebike Tours 16 years old, no upper age limit. Most people 5’3 to 6’5 are comfortable on our bikes if you’re a little shorter or a little taller we can teach you some tricks to make sure you have a great time.
- Segway, flat (no rocking shape-ups) shoes you’re comfortable in for duration of tour work great! Flip-flops, sandals, running shoes are all good
- Ebikes, shoes you know that are comfortable while pedaling.
- Price of tour does not include a tip; sharing tours is a service business and our guides very much appreciate gratuity, thanks!
- Things to pack
- Segway, we provide a bottle of water, and definitely recommend bringing a warm layer. It might get chilly in the shade and we’ll be rolling pretty quick at 12mph.
- Ebike we provide a bottle of water, there’s a small pouch for keys, phone, wallet if you want to bring more than that you’ll want to wear a backpack.
- Call 619-512-3491, 48 hours prior to your tour to re-schedule
- Tours are subject to cancellation due to weather and will be rescheduled based on availability
- Are Segways hard to ride?
- Nope! Most people become super comfortable after about 5 minutes of training and 5 minutes gliding around on your own!
- Do you have to wear a helmet?
- Helmets are mandatory and provided free of charge. All Guests have to wear a helmet. Even though it’s extremely unlikely that you take a spill, we can’t control everything in our environment (other people…)
- Do you offer any Specialty Tours?
- Yes! Call us 619-512-3491, we can create a special tour just for you and your group.
- Can you cater to special needs?
- Give us a call or email, and we’re happy to accommodate whatever we can
- What’s special about your tours?
- Read about each tour to find out more, but there’s a lot we don’t advertise. Special picture spots, surprises, lots of inside info. Best bet is to call us and chat or send us an email to find out more, or take the leap and book a tour, if you don’t have fun we insist on not accepting your money!
- Downtown San Diego in The Meridian Building at 717 Union Street, Suite L, San Diego CA 92101 (Union Street and West G Street)
- La Jolla 7430.5 Girard ave La Jolla CA 92037
- The Meridian offers underground parking Mon–Sat $1.75 per 20 minutes
- Cheaper street parking is available, but be sure to check meters or signs for fees and time limitation; Sundays and certain holidays all meters are free
- La Jolla, street parking is free for two hours Mon-Sat on Girard ave, Fay ave a block over has no time limit but no matter what do not park at Vons!
- As always, please call us if you have any questions about parking or anything at all 619-512-3491
Additional Popular San Diego Electric Bike Tours
$99/Person – 2 Hours / Mt. Soledad/ La Jolla E-Bike Tour
Ride to the highest point along our coast and back down to the water with the greatest of ease!
$75/Person – 1.5 Hours / Harbor Liberty Stations E-Bike Tour
Roll along the waterfront past the USS Midway to the USS Recruit.