Enjoy a relaxing day with a personal guide at the world-renowned San Diego Zoo. For this tour you will not need a map or schedules, all you have to do is call and have a personal phone consultation with our dedicated Zoo Tour Guide and you will be able to kick back and enjoy quality time with your friends/family as we show you everything you want to see based on your preferences!
During your personal consultation your We Love Tourists Zoo Tour Guide will share recommendations for add-ons, ways to save time and money, make arrangements to order your tickets so that you do not have to wait in line (including the opening gate) and make sure you get the most from your San Diego Zoo experience. On site we can be a very active part of your experience, taking pictures for your group and offering invaluable advice and insight to particular sites, as needed. Whether you want to see all of the traditional zoo sites, or special shows, obtain backstage passes, etc., your tour guide can arrange it all! Having us join you is worthwhile, or it’s free – no questions asked!
Price: $99 per hour 1-4 guests**, $139 per hour 5-10 guests**.
**This price does not include the cost of the entrance tickets for the San Diego Zoo. Tickets, based on age, can be obtained for your group via We Love Tourists at face value of the tickets being sold by the San Diego Zoo, and those particular proceeds go directly to the San Diego Zoo with no markup. For this tour there is a 2 hour minimum charge.
- How early should I call for a reservation?
- Call as quickly as you can 619-512-3491! Holiday weekends book the earliest in advance. We typically have good availability for weekday tours. Call us as soon as you know your ideal tour dates so that we can work with you to get you booked!
- What are the age/weight limits?
- For Segway Tours 14 years old, but more importantly Segways need riders between 95-280 pounds to succesfully register them on the footpads. No upper age-limit, but you want to be sure you’re comfortable standing for 2 hours. No limits for walking or towncar tours.
- I bought a discounted pre-paid voucher (e.g., Groupon, Living Social, etc) but it has expired. Is there anything you can do?
- Yes! For only an extra $20, you can take any of our Segway tours, even if the difference between $149 and your voucher-value is much greater. We want to be able to share our tours with everyone and still share great deals.
- Flat (no rocking shape-ups) shoes you’re comfortable in for duration of tour work great! Flip-flops, sandals, running shoes are all good
- Price of tour does not include a tip; sharing tours is a service business and our guides very much appreciate gratuity, thanks!
- Things to pack
- We provide a bottle of water, and definitely recommend bringing a warm layer. It might get chilly in the shade and we’ll be rolling pretty quick at 12mph
- Email tours@WeLoveTourists.com 48 hours prior to your tour to re-schedule
- Tours are subject to cancellation due to weather and will be rescheduled based on availability
- Are Segways hard to ride?
- Nope! Most people become super comfortable after about 5 minutes of training and 5 minutes gliding around on your own!
- Do you have to wear a helmet?
- Helmets are mandatory and provided free of charge. All Guests have to wear a helmet. Even though it’s extremely unlikely that you take a spill, we can’t control everything in our environment (other people…)
- Do you offer any Specialty Tours?
- Call us 619-512-3491, even if not for a booking we love talking about our tours
- Can you cater to special needs?
- Give us a call or email, and we’re happy to accommodate whatever we can
- What’s special about your tours?
- Read about each tour to find out more, but there’s a lot we don’t advertise. Special picture spots, surprises, lots of inside info. Best bet is to call us and chat or send us an email to find out more, or take the leap and book a tour, if you don’t have fun we insist on not accepting your money!
- Parking is abundant at the zoo, park and we’ll be up front waiting for you
- As always, please call us if you have any questions about parking or anything at all 619-512-3491